Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas is coming & the geese are getting fat....

.....and so will I if I don't get out and do some training!! Well here come the excuses..
  • I have been off the island for work purposes
  • I have been lazy
  • I was working on a lot of charity projects on the run up to Christmas
  • Unexpectedly I am suffering with sciatica
  • I am now trying to catch up with Christmas preparations - I know late as usual
  • It's far too cold and slipery out there!
Ok so excuses over ... I was telling you about my Parish walk this year - after setting off and not being sure that I was going to attempt the full distance I was struggling to 'get into it' and as I passed my old church in Arbory (where I was christened and married) my brother and his family were there to cheer me and other fellow walkers on. He later told me that my walking style didn't convince him that I would make Peel never mind back to Douglas! I admit I didn't feel comfortable with my first half of the walk. I don't know why, I had no pain or trouble but I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind. The Sloc is always a battle for me as I don't walk the hills very well, and many walkers glided past me but I walked through to Peel, thanks to my Mum & Dad's brilliant support in the South and West of the island and plodded on to Kirk Michael - again still not feeling very focused on the job. It wasn't until I got past Jurby that I caught up with a Southern friend Rita and her chat, friendship and companionship picked up my spirits no end and gave me the boost I needed. Thanks Rita! From then on I never looked back. My upbeat mood quickened my step and I changed up a gear with a positive mind to get the job done! So don't think previous PW finishers 'just do it' they have ups and downs too with doubts and frustrations - it's all part of the process. More next time.....

If I don't 'blog' before the 25th I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a very Healthy New Year and I aim to get some miles in over the 4 days off (but it just may be Strand Street, Castle Street, Duke Street and a skinny latte to quench the shopping thirst!)
Have a great time. Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment